Emergency Dentist — Charlotte, NC
Schedule a Same-Day Visit for Urgent Dental Concerns
When a dental emergency strikes, don’t hesitate to speak with an emergency dentist in Charlotte as soon as possible. Dr. Shirman has expertise in many facets of dentistry, including the diagnosis and treatment of many common dental emergencies. By calling and scheduling a same-day visit, you can not only get out of pain, but save time, money, and hassle of visiting an emergency room. Give us a call today to handle your most pressing dental concerns!
Why Choose Dental Wellness of Charlotte for Emergency Dental Care?
- Same-Day Emergency Appointments Available
- Modern Technology in a Clean Office Environment
- Highly Experienced Dentist Dedicated to Your Comfort
What to Do in a Dental Emergency
- Start by getting a same-day appointment scheduled: There’s no reason not to call if you fear you may have emergency dental symptoms! After you contact our office, a team member will be able to assist you and get an appointment set up (ideally the same day). We can also provide first-aid tips to keep in mind before you arrive.
- Complete an emergency exam with Dr. Shirman: Once you reach us, we can perform a detailed exam, capture digital X-rays, and determine the best treatments to prevent your emergency from coming back. If you’re in pain, we’ll do everything possible to get you relief fast.
- Take note of our findings: We’ll break down our findings with you directly so you can be informed when we recommend our treatment plan. This plan is personalized to your exact needs and will include cost estimates, estimated timelines, and more.
- Get professional care and stop your emergency: Whether you need a dental filling, crown, root canal therapy, or another service, we’ll make sure you understand your treatment plan and costs well in advance.
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
Dental emergencies can come in many forms, whether they be toothaches, damaged teeth, knocked-out teeth, and many other problems. The most important thing you can do is seek help as soon as possible. After giving us a call, feel free to review our helpful tips below on how to best manage your emergency until you arrive.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Emergencies
Until we can perform a more detailed examination of your mouth, we can’t know for sure how much your emergency treatment will cost. When we do complete an evaluation, we’ll be far more capable of recommending a treatment plan tailored to you with specific services and costs attached to them. You will always know exactly how much you’ll need to pay before you start treatment and our team will work with you to make it affordable. Keep in mind that dental emergencies are generally not as expensive as medical emergencies, so visiting our office should be relatively affordable. The last thing you should do is put off care you know you need as it could allow your emergency to get worse (and then lead to higher oral healthcare costs).
How to Prevent Dental Emergencies
The more steps you can take to prevent dental emergencies, the better. It’s always much easier to practice prevention compared to handling an emergency after it has already occurred. Some of the most helpful tips to keep in mind include:
- Brushing twice a day and flossing daily
- Visiting our office once every six months for a checkup
- Eating a healthy diet low in sugar and starch
- Protecting your smile with a mouthguard (if you play sports) or nightguard (if you grind your teeth)
- Never using your teeth to open bottles, packages, or chew on inedible objects