Dental Implants – Charlotte, NC
Replacement Teeth That Give You a Reason to Smile
Whether you’re missing one tooth, a few teeth, or an entire mouthful, you probably spend plenty of time wishing you had your natural teeth back. With dental implants, you can essentially do just that! Dental implants in Charlotte flawlessly recreate the way your original pearly whites looked, felt, and functioned – and they can potentially last a lifetime. And, with the advanced training that Dr. Sergei Shirman has completed, you can have the entire treatment done in one location. Contact our team at Dental Wellness of Charlotte to schedule your consultation!
Why Choose Dental Wellness of Charlotte for Dental Implants?
- Start-to-Finish Dental Implant Treatment In-Office
- Ultraprecise Computer-Guided Dental Implant Surgery
- In-House Dental Membership Plan Makes Saving Easy
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are currently the only way to replace the roots of missing teeth. An implant itself is a small titanium post that resembles a screw. After it is placed in the jaw during oral surgery, its biocompatible properties encourage the surrounding bone and tissue to grow attached to it, forming a bond that can last for several decades. Then, we can secure a dental crown, bridge, or denture on top, which will complete the visual portion of your smile.
The 4-Step Dental Implant Process
As a graduate of the Engel Implant Institute, Dr. Shirman can conveniently perform every step of the dental implant process right here in our office. Every patient is different, but most can expect to go through four basic phases:
- Consultation – During the initial visit, Dr. Shirman will closely examine your mouth and jaw, take X-rays, and draw up a treatment plan.
- Dental implant surgery – Thanks to Dr. Shirman’s expertise, you can have the implants surgically placed without needing to travel to a separate specialist’s office.
- Osseointegration & abutment placement – The next three to six months will be spent waiting for your jawbone to bond with the implant posts in a process called osseointegration. Then, Dr. Shirman can attach metal connectors called abutments on top of them.
- Attachment of final restoration – Finally, your customized prosthetic tooth or teeth will be secured atop your abutments.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Replacement teeth with a success rate of 95% or higher.
- Potentially permanent replacement teeth.
- Preserve the density and strength of your jawbone.
- Prevent alteration of adjacent, healthy teeth.
- Restore the natural smile once thought to be lost.
- Offers security and confidence to chew and speak in social settings.
Who Dental Implants Can Help
Countless patients have enjoyed complete smiles again thanks to dental implants. In fact, they can help most adults who are generally healthy and have enough strong jawbone tissue. If that’s not the case currently, we can work to make you an eligible candidate with certain preliminary treatments, such as bone grafting. At that point, Dr. Shirman can develop a customized treatment plan to meet your needs.
Missing One Tooth
Bringing back a single missing tooth is as simple as vertically positioning an implant post into the empty space and topping it with an abutment and natural-looking dental crown. Unlike a dental bridge, this option doesn’t require us to remove enamel from any of your remaining teeth.
Missing Multiple Teeth
To replace several consecutive lost teeth, a dental bridge can be anchored onto two implants that are placed at each end of the gap. Compared to a traditional bridge, an implant bridge is sturdier, longer-lasting, and more conservative since it can support itself without relying on your natural teeth.
Missing All Teeth
Even if you’re missing all of your teeth on one or both arches, we can recreate all of them by attaching a full denture onto just four to eight implants that are strategically placed along the jaw. With implant dentures, you’ll never need to worry about your prosthetic teeth shifting around.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
Depending on the number of teeth you’re replacing and a host of other factors, the cost of dental implants in Charlotte can vary significantly from one patient to the next. After Dr. Shirman has had the chance to examine your situation, our team can outline your expected treatment costs. We can also go over your payment options, including CareCredit financing and our in-house dental membership plan, which offers a 15% discount on dental implants.
Dental Implant Technology
There are two types of dental implant surgery: freehand and computer-assisted guided surgery. At Dental Wellness of Charlotte, we use guided dental implant surgery, which offers many benefits over the traditional approach, including:
- Precise placement, especially next to important anatomical structures such as nerves, blood vessels, teeth, and sinuses. Damage to these structures may result in prolonged healing and compromised outcomes.
- Minimally invasive with less trauma and discomfort.
- Have you ever been told you have thin bone in your jaw and implant placement cannot be done? Guided surgery allows the placement of implants in areas that weren’t possible before.
- Better cosmetic outcome. Your new teeth will be placed in such precise ways that they’ll resemble the exact positioning of your old ones.